The creators and directors of the longest running, hospital-based, out-patient weight loss program in New York City are C.A.R.E. founder Betty Kovacs-Harbolic and C.A.R.E. exercise physiologist and coach Richard Weil. Other C.A.R.E. team members, including Dr. Michael de Vihil and Mary Lou Pompeii, are two of the co-leaders in the program.
The program was formerly known as The NY Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program and The Mount Sinai St. Luke’s Hospital Weight Loss Program. Recently it was changed to Mount Sinai Morningside Hospital Weight Loss Program.
The program has successfully helped thousands of clients for nearly twenty years and is now being offered virtually using secure Zoom videos! What makes it so successful:
- Closed groups – Everyone starts and ends together. That means no one new will join once everyone knows each other. No other program in the country offers this level of support for weight loss.
- Group leaders who are experienced health-care professionals in their respective areas of expertise.
· Nutrition (Registered Dietitian Nutritionist)
· Behavior (Psychologist, Coach, or Social Worker)
· Physical Activity (Exercise Physiologist)
There are currently two, weekly, group options:
1. A 52-week program for people with 50 or more pounds to lose
2. A 26-week program for people with less than 50 pounds to lose
To attend one of our free online orientations to learn more about our program, please fill out the form by clicking the button below.
The services and information on this site are for informational purposes only and do not constitute medical advice or a recommendation for your medical condition or situation. Consult your physician before you begin any nutrition, exercise, or weight loss program. © 2018-2020 C.A.R.E. Nutrition Consultants LLC. All rights reserved.